Snakes are generally known for their dangerous and venomous nature. The fact is not all snakes are venomous. At the same time, some snakes have the capability to kill a human within half an hour. Injecting antivenom within a specific time is necessary. If the antivenom is not injected, it could result in death or in other significant complications like paralysis.
The misconception that most us have is that snakes attack everyone they see. The truth biting and venom injection most of the time is the defensive mechanism of the snake. The only time it uses them to attack is when they hunt for food. Most of the time the snake use them to defend themselves when they are disturbed. So one of the first things to do to avoid snake bytes is not to disturb them. Here are some first aid information about snake bites.

The Basics

The first thing to do is to remain calm and move away from the snake to avoid another bite. If you are wearing any jewelry or any tight clothing remove them at the earliest before swelling. After swelling, it becomes very difficult or sometimes even impossible to remove without damaging them. Clean the wound, make sure not to use water. Use clean and dry clothes.

The dos

After being beaten by a snake, the first thing that you need to do is to call for medical help. Apply pressure around the site of the bite to arrest the spreading of venom to the whole body. Make sure not to move around. Try to remain still as far as possible. Even the minimal movement of the body contributes to the spreading of venom in the body.

first-aid-for-snake-bites

The don’ts

These are certain things that you do not do after getting bitten by a snake. If you indulge in these activities, it makes the situation more complicated. Do not use a tourniquet or apply ice. Some might say that the ice arrests the absorption of venom in your body, but that is not the case. Like you watch in movies do not attempt to suck the venom out of the wound. Never drink caffeine or alcohol. They both accelerate the absorption of venom. Do not try to capture the snake to show it to the doctor for treatment.

Symptoms

The symptoms after the snake bite are very much enough to decide whether the snake is venomous or not. Generally, if a nonvenomous snake bites the common symptoms are scratches and pain in the site of the bite.
In case of venomous snakes, there is a high burning sensation and unbearable pain in the first fifteen to twenty minutes. After these symptoms, it progresses to swelling and bruising in the wound. Most of the times after being bitten by the snake people find a bit difficult to breathe.

There are also other symptoms like nausea and weakness in the body. One can actually feel a very odd taste in the mouth. There are few enemies that directly attacks the nervous system of the body. The body feels numb, week and you will hardly be able to stand.